Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Orange County's "Bunny Whisperer"

Yo Santa, I want a carrot
Just a short drive down the freeway from the beach here lives a woman with a passion for long eared friends like me.  Marylin Mansdorf has been coined the OC's very own Bunny Whisperer; for the last 7 years, generations of furry hoppers have claimed her yard as their little play pen, "It's just like the swallows that go back to Capistrano, or salmon swimming upstream. These bunnies come back, generation after generation..."  Mansdorf captures the antics in photos and has plans to publish up to 4 more books in her Busy Bunny series following the initial release, Bunny's Busy Day earlier this year.

Click through to National Geographic's "My Shot" collection of Marylin's buns.  I think I may just have to hop on down to the OC after I finish another bag of hay and get my strength back up.  All this lying around being lazy has me out of shape and not quite ready for the long haul.  The bosses here don't give me nearly enough toys to play with like this lady would; I'm thinking about making a break for it.  Unfortunately, there's a First 48 marathon going on right now so I think I'll wait till it's over before I think about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment